Welcome to our new website clarendonvt.gov

Town Clerk: (802) 775-4274

Clarendon Vermont Town Hall

279 Middle Road
N. Clarendon, VT 05759
(802) 775-4274


Mon-Thurs 10am-4pm
Closed Sat-Sun

The Town of Clarendon, Vermont

Welcome to Clarendon!

Welcome to the official Town of Clarendon, Vermont website. where we keep residents and visitors up to date on town government and activities. 

Here you will find town notices, meeting minutes, town forms and documents, and more.  

Fog Rollling In

Town Notices and Announcements

Select Board Public Hearing Monday Sept. 27, 2021 6PM


 Clarendon Draft LHMP Available for Public Comment – The Planning Team has completed an update to the Clarendon Local Hazard Mitigation Plan and presented their work at the September 13, 2021 Selectboard meeting to local officials and the public.  A copy of the draft can be found online at clarendonvt.gov under Town Notices and Announcements. A paper copy of the plan is also available for review at the Town Office.  Comments on the draft plan can be submitted to Steffanie Bourque, Regional Planner, by email until September 27, 2021 – sbourque@rutlandrpc.org. A Public Hearing has been set for September 27, 2021 at 6PM at the Clarendon Town Hall for Town residents to submit any comments on the plan. Regular Select Board meeting to follow at 6:30PM.

Draft Plan: ClarendonDraftLHMP.pdf

Board of Zoning Adjustment Meeting and Public Hearing

NOTICE OF CLARENDON BOARD OF ZONING ADJUSTMENT MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING Pursuant to the Town of Clarendon’s Flood Hazard Area Regulations, the Clarendon Board of Zoning Adjustment herby gives notice that on Monday, September 20, 2021, commencing at 6:30PM at the Clarendon Town Hall, it will hold a meeting and a Public Hearing for a Conditional Use permit related to a proposal by ANR to remove the material from Irene which is bermed within Cold River along lands of Ruane and Duncan. AGENDA: Minutes of last meeting Approval of agenda Public Comments Public Hearing Old Business New Business possible changes to the CZR other Deliberative Session Member Concerns Adjourn *Only those who attend and participate at a hearing may appeal the resulting decision to the Environmental Court. 24 V.S.A. §4471(a) Clarendon Board of Zoning Adjustment R.B. Spencer, Chair  

Election Management System

By using the On Line Voter Registration (OLVR), you can register to vote. By using the My Voter Page (MVP), a registered voter can check registration status, get directions to a polling place and hours, view a sample ballot, request and track an absentee ballot and much more.To register to vote: http://olvr.vermont.gov Registered Voters can check registration status, view a sample ballot, request an absentee ballot and much more by logging in at MVP: http://mvp.vermont.gov

Clarendon open positions available

Clarendon Select Board is looking to appoint individuals for the following vacancies:
Recreation Committee 3 seats, 1 year term
Special Police Officer 1 seat, 1 year term
Tree Warden 1 seat, 1 year term
Zoning Board of Adjustment 1 seat, 2-year term

If you are interested in these positions, please contact the Select Board Admin by email clarendonadmasst@comcast.net, phone (802) 747-4074 or mail to Clarendon Town Hall, PO Box 30, Clarendon VT 05759 attention “Clarendon Select Board.”